It's a beautiful day here in Wollongong, Australia! I arrived here on the evening of February 17th and moved into Weerona College (they call dorms colleges). Classes don't start until March 2, so they have been keeping us busy with a lot of fun orientation week activities. I have already met a lot of people and am having a great time! They don't have frats or sororities here, so it seems like the colleges are something in between that and a dorm. Today I was on campus enrolling in classes and getting to know the area better. The campus is very nice with brick walkways and a lot of grassy areas.
I promised pictures form New Zealand, so here they are!
This was in the Botanical Garden in Christchurch on my first day.
The beautiful view at Nelson Lakes National Park.
Hiking in Abel Tasman National Park along the Coast Track.

Split Apple Rock, it was incredible!
Cathedral Square in Christchurch. Behind me there were markets, street performers, and a tram stop.
Whale watching was amazing! I took a bus up to a town called Kaikoura, north of Christchurch. I saw 4 Sperm Whales, hundreds of dolphins, and some New Zealand fur seals. Its amazing that all of that wildlife is so close together and that they can be seen! We even saw 2 whales right next to each other, which is very unusual.
They came right up to the boat and were so playful!
Next time, I'll tell you more about Australia! I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!
Hi Tracey,
ReplyDeleteYour pictures and journal are terrific. We are happy you are settled at school and enjoying everything. On our recent trip to Aus & NZ we found the people to be very friendly and the scenery spectacular and are pleased you are finding the same to be true. Take care.
Love,
G&G in Sarasota
Cool pictures Trace! It looks amazing there, I can't wait to see it all when I come out to visit!
ReplyDeleteNick