On Friday this week, my residential college, Weerona, had a semi-formal dinner and party. It was a blast and it was really nice to see everyone all dressed up! We had "nibblers" and cocktails in the courtyard before heading inside for dinner. The meal was just in our dining hall, but it was beautifully decorated and the kitchen staff served us a nice meal. After dinner, we all took a bus to a hall that was reserved for our party. The night was really fun and further reinforced the fantastic community feeling of Weerona.
The next morning, I had a surf lesson with the program that I came here with. I didn't have very high expectations of my surfing abilities, but it turned out to be a great time! The waves and weather was perfect, and with some instruction, I even stood up on the board and rode a couple of waves in to shore! Hopefully, I will get out again and improve, but not any time soon, as I am still tired from surfing yesterday. This morning, Weerona had a soccer tournament in the field next door and a BBQ at our college. Even though I wasn't on the winning team, it was still nice to play again. The weather is still beautiful here and making my time even more enjoyable!
No comments:
Post a Comment